Upcoming Events at Nevin's Brewing Company
Dec 5, 2017 | 5:30 PM | Tuesday
Nevin’s Brewing Company, 12337 South Route 59, Plainfield, is rebranding its brewery, Nevin’s Draft Co. and launching a new signature craft beer brand, Midnight Pig, which will be distributed across the Chicago-land area.
Start on : December 5, 2017 5:30 PM Tuesday
End on : December 5, 2017 8:30 PM Tuesday
Nevin’s Brewing Company, 12337 South Route 59, Plainfield, is rebranding its brewery, Nevin’s Draft Co. and launching a new signature craft beer brand, Midnight Pig, which will be distributed across the Chicago-land area. In a nod to the prohibition era, the name “Midnight Pig,” inspired by speak easies, bootleggers and moonshiners, credits the “pig,” which was a vessel used to carry alcohol surreptitiously during this time. Honoring its namesake, Midnight Pig will launch nationally online, in bars and restaurants across the Chicagoland area, various retail locations on National Repeal Day, Tuesday, December 5. The Midnight Pig brand will introduce the following new beers:
• Apocalyptinator: Nevin’s Brewing Company’s 2016 Great American Beer Fest medal winner is a German-style Dopplebock with a big blast of caramel, chocolate and toasted toffee.
• Hook & Hatchet: Nevin’s Brewing Company’s interpretation of a Vienna-style lager in which a variety of high kilned, crystal and roasted malts are used to produce this copper hued, pretzely, malty, with a hint of caramel, brew.
• Shamefaced: Nevin’s Brewing Company’s pilsner is brewed with 100% German pilsner malt along with Mandarina Bavaria hops. Their take on the pilsner is that it should feature the flavors and aromatics of the hop with very little bitterness. Mandarina Bavaria hops add a fresh, crisp orange citrus note that makes this beer highly drinkable and delicious.
• Snitches get Stitches: Nevin’s Brewing Company teamed up with good friends in the Spent Grain Society homebrew club to brew this delicious Robust Porter. Chocolate, roast, and a hint of dark caramel make this beer amazing.
• Tumultuous: Nevin’s Brewing Company’s double dry hopped Imperial IPA with copious amounts of Centennial, Cascade, Chinook & Styrian Wolfe hops. Look for aromatics of pineapple, citrus and pine followed by a full bodied and well balanced drinking experience.
• Pinched: An IPA stuffed with a ton of hops. Toasted malty notes balance out the tremendous citrus and piney aromatics, but not overbearing on bitterness.
“With Midnight Pig, we are celebrating the history of brewing by acknowledging it’s infamous past; a lurid cast of characters and tales narrated from moon
Also See other Events Listed in Chicago
at Nevin's Brewing Company PETE MILLER’S STEAK AND SEAFOOD EVANSTON - CLASSIC DINING Mar 21 | 4:00 PM | Wednesday
at Pete Miller's Steak & Seafood Martin Trivia Night (FREE ENTRY) Mar 22 | 7:00 PM | Thursday
at REFUGE Live! FAIRMONT CHICAGO, MILLENNIUM PARK OFFERS MADNESS IN MARCH PA... Mar 24 | 12:00 AM | Saturday
at Fairmont Chicago, Millennium Park NAPERVILLE WELCOMES NEWEST RESTAURANT PETE MILLER’S STEAK ... Mar 28 | 4:00 PM | Wednesday
at Pete Miller's Naperville